Their PICTURE is here.
Their diet looks like this (11.4 kg of food per person, per week):
- 44% starches
- 0.6% sweet foods (very little sugar and hand-pressed chocolate)
- 0.4% dairy (in the form of powdered milk)
- 3% meat (chicken), eggs
- 15% fruits
- 37% vegetables
- powdered milk (see above)
- instant coffee
- wheat drink
They eat meat less than once a week. Usually they eat: rice, beans, potatoes, eggs, tortillas in different combination, three times a week.
The villagers are hard-working farmers. Many of them are the descendants of the Maya people and still speak the Maya language, called Mam.
This is a very high-grain diet. But again, there are several things to consider:
- The grains are grown locally and they are not consumed in their highly processed flours.
- They work very hard every day.
- Very little sugar and processed foods are consumed.