Check out some of my RECIPES
Food should be as simple as possible
The more ingredients our food contains the more types of enzymes our pancreas must produce in order to digest our food. The more simple the meal (prepared with few ingredients), the easier our digestive system will be able to digest it.
Until the middle of the 20th century, ingredients for cooking were very limited compared to what we have today in the civilized world. People ate almost the same kind of food for every meal. It is really a privilege to be able to buy tropical fruits all year round, let's say in Scandinavia, but we should keep our meals very simple and prepare them with seasonal ingredients.
What to eat:
- Meat of any kind (with the fat): preferably fresh meat and less of the processed meat, like salami and bacon
- Organ meat: liver, kidney
- Eggs: especially the yolk
- Fish, fish egg, seafood
- Natural fat: butter, coconut oil, olive oil
- Dairy products: (the more fat it contains the better it is), butter, cheese, double cream, sour cream. Do not buy low fat products, they are usually "enriched" with starches and sugar.
- Vegetables (non starchy): cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
- Drink: water, coffee or tea (without sugar). They are delicious with a big spoon of cream instead of milk.
- Berries and other fruits: fruits are quite sweet, so they should be consumed in moderation. Preferably berries (blueberries and blackberries, as they are lower in sugar)
What to avoid:
- sugar: all sugary drinks and foods
- starches: bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, cereals
- Vegetable oils and vegetable fats (except olive oil and coconut): canola oil, soy oil, margarine...
A few examples: