- sprouted beans
- French beans
- red bell pepper
- minced pork
- basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Fry the minced pork on pork fat (lard).
- Add all ingredients with water.
- Boil until soft.
- Add basil leaves at the end.
Optional: serve with a cube of butter or a spoon of thick cream.
How to sprout beans? Very easy.
- Soak them in water.
- Drain them when they start to sprout.
- Keep them moist for a few days, by washing them once or twice a day. Keep them covered in a ceramic pot or glass jar.
This is how they look like after sprouting:
When beans sprout, the utilise the carbohydrate contained in the seed to grow new life. Sprouts are very low in carbohydrates and higher in fibre than the beans.