a marathon runner who has both Type-1 Diabetes and Coeliac Disease:
You'll learn that the "side effects" of burning fat instead of carbohydrates are:
- Less hunger.
- Less cravings for sweets.
- Easy to skip meals without altering blood glucose or energy levels.
- Plenty of available energy.
- Clear mind.
- Feeling of strength throughout training.
- Faster recovery.
- Inflammation and fatigue reduced significantly.
- Better sleep.
- A feeling of calmness.
- Better digestion.
- Better tolerance to cold.
Drinking sugary gels during exercise increases insulin resistance (the muscles inability to burn sugar for fuel), preventing your body from burning fat.
Your best friends during endurance are:
- water and