02 August 2013

My Food

Many people ask me what I eat if I don't eat carbohydrates like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Well, I eat pretty much the same food without the mentioned starchy foods.

So the list would be:
  • all kind of meat with the fat (organ meat, bone marrow included), yes, also bacon.
  • fish
  • seafood
  • eggs, mainly egg yolk
  • dairy, especially butter, cheese and double cream
  • vegetables: especially green leafy vegetables
  • little fruits (not every day)
  • coconut
  • avocados 
I would like to point out that this is not because I had weight issues in the first place. I did have health issues, and since cutting down on carbohydrates and sugar, I feel much better.

What I don't eat anymore:
  • starches: bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc.
  • sugar, cakes, candies, cookies etc.
  • bananas
  • nuts and seeds (I simply can't digest them)
Do I eat a lot?
No, I am not hungry. Fat and protein from meat are very "filling". I eat 2 to 3 times a day, as much as I want and when I am hungry. The portions are usually smaller than they used to be when carbohydrates were part of my daily menu.

Please check out Johan's website for weight-loss and food inspiration. I especially like his page of: Keto diet menu examples for lunch

Keto Diet Menu: Chicken
















For more inspiration, please go to Lynda's blog: Living the Life. She is a great inspiration with her weight-loss story and she is more consistent with her postings than I am. Thank you Lynda!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ilona, thanks for that :) I'm excited that you are involved with the new movie "Carb Loaded". That looks like being fantastic!! Very excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete