Another wonderful family, this time from German family who was willing to share their one week worth of food (from Hungry Planet).
Their PICTURE is here.
- 23% starches (bread, cereals, flour, etc.)
- 13% sweet foods (cakes, ice cream, etc.)
- 13% dairy (yoghurt, cream, cheese, butter)
- 10% meat, fish and eggs
- 15% fruits (apples, grapes, bananas, oranges)
- 26% vegetables
If we arrange these food types, we get:
- 51% starches + sweet foods + fruits
- 49% dairy + meat, fish, eggs + vegetables
Beverages (7.1 litre per person per week):
- 45% milk
- 55% beer and juices (obviously beer is consumed by the adults)
We could call this a high fat and also high carbohydrate diet. According to research and epidemiological studies, the incidence of chronic diseases follow the amount of sugar, and not the amount of fat consumed. At the time of publishing (2005), the overweight population in Germany was 64% for males and 54% for females.
These are the ingredients of a recipe given by this family, Roulades of Beef:
- beef sirloin
- celery root
- vegetables stock
- Dijon mustard
- salt, black pepper
Roll them up and roast. Enjoy!