Three interviews by Andreas Eenfeldt with:
(Bariatric means weight loss)
- It is not the high number of calories which make people fat, but the high amount of carbohydrates in their diet.
- A diet high in fat elevates HDL (good cholesterol) levels - which is a good thing.
- Science confirms that a diet low in carbohydrates is beneficial, not only to loose weight, but in the treatment of other symptoms and chronic diseases: fertility problems, IBS, heart disease, fatty liver, GERD, heart burn, etc.
- The fear of dietary fat is the root cause of many chronic conditions.
2. Robert Lustig - MD
He is the "anti-sugar guy". In short, in this video, he talks about:
- "Eat less - exercise more" doesn't work for weight loss. Obesity is not a "behavior" problem.
- The hormone insulin is the main driver of fat deposits. Insulin levels rise in our bloodstream when we consume a diet high in carbohydrates.
- Insulin also promotes further food intake by it's interaction with leptin, the "hunger hormone" (I'll make a post later on leptin). So, the more insulin in our bloodstream, the hungrier we are.
- Constantly high insulin levels cause insulin resistance (also called metabolic syndrome), leading to obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- The cause of insulin resistance is the high amounts of sugar in our diet.